Saturday, December 20, 2008

Altered Christmas Cards

scan0003 scan0004

I have been working on altering some Christmas cards.  This is so much fun, just try.  I start by  cutting elements from old cards, divide into categories such as borders, verses, pictures of angels, santas, etc. and arranging on blank cards.  Once I like an arrangement I glue everything to the card and if needed I ink ,chalk or tear edges. I always have the gold, copper and silver paint pens and edge the card, elements, or envelopes, this gives the card a finished appearance.

I plan to try this with all occasion cards.  What do you think, would people like to receive  a card of this type?  I suppose you would pick and choose who get these cards.  Please let me know what you think and if you make some let me know. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
Thanks for the visit!

I think this is a great idea! I would love to receive a card that had been hand done like this.
Diane

Unknown said...

Merry just a little after Christmas!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful idea! :)

Anonymous said...

Arlene, This is a great blog and I would love to get one of the hand made cards. I always loved to get your hand painted cards. You do a great job.

Sparky