Tuesday, January 20, 2009

TRASH TO TREASURE TUESDAY

P1010023

This is my first trash to treasure this week, a cheese box that I have painted with a large sunflower and checks.  I purchased the box at a rummage sale for $1.00 and presently use to hold Christmas cards received .  My Great-Grandmother Baugh dyed, spun, and wove this wool coverlet.  My sister had the coverlet and due to the poor condition chose to cut into pieces, mat, frame and give to relatives.  I was lucky enough to receive this one.    This is very dear to me and hangs in the hallway of my home.   Sorry about the flash.P1010025

Join Diane for more Trash to Treasure at:

http://diane1876.blogspot.com

10 comments:

Gone said...

Very nice...Arlene. I love the painted sunflower and the framed piece of coverlet.

Jan

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Arlene, your painted box is so beautiful! Did you use a pattern or stencil to paint that or freehand? Either way, it's wonderful, and that piece of coverlet is the most amazing thing to have! I love textiles, and this one is so special. Thanks for sharing your treasures.

XO,

Sheila :-)

SmilingSally said...

You are an artist; I wish I could paint like that. Your framed quilt portion is treasure indeed. Thanks for sharing. Happy Trash to Treasure.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments. Yes, the sunflower is a pattern designed by Ginger Edwards, an artist from Lousiana. I have several of her books and enjoy all her work.

Unknown said...

Hi Arlene,
The painted box looks great! Thanks for linking to Trash to Treasure!

{oc cottage} said...

WOW!!! Great job!!

M ^..^

Barbara Jean said...

Arlene,
Thank you for coming by for a visit, and to sign up for the giveaway.

Your work is absolutely beautiful!!
I am also a painter, and junker/refurbisher/ and crafter.

I'll be back when i have more time.
Want to see more of your lovely things.

Blessings,
Barbara jean

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Arlene, Your cheese box is painted gorgeous. I love the sunflower. What a treasured keepsake to have a piece of the quilt framed. Beautiful.
hugs,
Celestina Marie

Lisa Kaus said...

Hi Arlene-
thanks for the kind compliments and for stopping by--
xo
Lisa

Barbara Jean said...

Hi Arlene,
Thank you for coming by, and for your kind comments. Always nice to know people understand how you feel.

Blessings on your day.

For your friends out there:
Still time to enter the bird nest giveaway drawing on Feb 10th. =0)

Barbara Jean

Sparky